Friday, May 30, 2014

All Systems go (even the butterflies)

As John Denver sings, "all my bags are packed and ready to go". This week has been a bit crazy, getting the final bits of gear together, getting most of it but not the tank bag I ordered, working, planning, worrying about planning, worrying about the lousy weather we have been having. All butterflies, pretty butterflies. But once I am on the road, they fall behind.

I decided not to leave as early as planned, I have about 500 miles to do tomorrow, which will take me about 8 hours with stops. There is no point in getting to the motel at 4 PM, so I there is no need to leave at 6. 8 sounds a bit more civilized.

The weather has gotten better, and while there may be some rain on the way, I should be able to get through all of it before it actually starts raining.

Time for some dinner, double check everything one more time, and relax a bit. Tomorrow is Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment