Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day Three: Albuquerque, food and friends

Open Arms

There is nothing like being on the road for a long time, getting somewhere far from home and being received at the door with a hug by welcoming friends. After unloading my gear and taking a shower, we went to some friends of my friends for dinner, magnificent ribs  barbecued to perfection, beans, baked and green, wine, stories, laughter. Sitting outside in the inner courtyard of their adobe home, we drank wine and watched the night fall, and listened and told stories. Later at my friends' home, we sat in the living room and played and sang some songs, lyrics from songs learned long ago carrying with them memories as clear as the friendship that kept us close all these years.

I slept well but woke up early, perhaps because of the one hour difference. After some coffee, we went to a local restaurant for some breakfast, wonderful huevos rancheros and more talk. I have now almost forgotten the ride into town. The trio starts here.

Tomorrow I leave for the Grand Canyon!


No comments:

Post a Comment