Monday, June 9, 2014

Day Eight: Rest, friends, life elevated

Friends are the family who chose for yourself

It was good to get off the bike for a day and spend time with friends, catching up on this and that, going out to eat at a Thai restaurant, looking around at the beautiful scenery, sitting by the piano as the children put a recital in my honor, play card games on the floor, watching funny videos, laughing together. When you have friends like this, people you have known for so long, who have remained loyal, kind, helpful when in need, throughout the decades, you can consider yourself lucky and blessed. I know I am.

I took advantage's of my friend's collection of tools and know how to get Blue's left mirror shakes fixed once and for all. It turned out a few extra washers was all that was needed. We did not even miss the third little bearing that fell on the garage floor and whose existence we debated, finally concluding it was never there in the first place.

I wish I could have stayed longer. Being with these friends and their wonderful children somehow lessen the void in my own life, and I am always grateful for how generous their are in sharing a bit of their family life with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment